Philadelphia PA | 2020 | Proposed
Heritage Design Collaborative | Architecture & Planning
Located in Mount Holly, New Jersey the historic Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church (SAEC), consecrated in 1845, has no reason to exist other than to serve their community! Their vision of the Church at its best and functioning most effectively, is when it is focused, not internally, but on the community where it resides. St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church is ideally located to fulfill its missions, yet the Rector, Wardens, and Vestry recognize that its facilities are no longer able to adequately accommodate the expansion of community programs. The Parish Hall, built in the early 1950’s as a Sunday school and community center for the parishioners, is now being repurposed to accommodate the SAEC mission within the greater Mount Holly and Burlington County community. The proposed project by Heritage Design Collaborative will simultaneously address much needed maintenance issues in the 70-year-old facilities as well as create a new, light-filled and inviting public center for new community programs.
Photo credit: Heritage Design Collaborative